Businessman Blaming Female Employee

What To Do When You Don’t Get Salary

No worker can do without being paid because they depend on their wages to support themselves and their families. A person can love his or her job and enjoy associating with co-workers, but that just isn’t enough.

As a rule of thumb, it is advisable for employees to take an active role in regard to their paychecks and not only keep track of the hours they work but also verify that they are being paid the correct amount.

Employees Can Do To Rectify

There are various things that employees can do to rectify a delayed or incorrect paycheck: speak to the employer, follow the proper grievance procedure for his or her agency, speak to the trade union, meet with ACAS in the UK, and/or meet with a tribunal.

The first thing someone should do who isn’t being paid properly speaks to his or her employer because there could have been an honest mistake made, such as a digit accidentally omitted from a bank routing number or later than usual mail delivery.

If there wasn’t an honest mistake, the employee should orientate him or herself towards his or her employer’s grievance procedures and follow the procedures per the agencies policies and if there isn’t a formal grievance procedure, write a letter with documentation to the employer explaining the situation with an appropriate request for the situation to be rectified.

At this point, if nothing has changed or improved, the employee should request assistance from his or her trade union, if there is one.

If available, employees should join a trade union because they are in a stronger position to negotiate with employers on behalf of employees than employees are by themselves.

The employee can also take the employer to a tribunal if his or her grievance did not obtain the results he or she was hoping for. However, the employee should notify ACAS before taking the employer to the tribunal.

ACAS refers to a company that offers individual support to help with employment difficulties. The organization seeks to see if the employer will negotiate with them without going to the tribunal.

This is done by filling out the early reconciliation form which is available on the ACAS website. Once an employee has gone through all of the appropriate steps and the issue has not been rectified, it is advisable to quit.

What tasks are there for you? How do you benefit from the job? If these questions can’t be answered by the employer, then there is no point in working without pay.

If the employee is completely sure that his or her employer is not adhering to the Employment Standards Act law, he or she can take it a step further and file a claim with the Labor Board.

However, If the employer promises to rectify the situation, the employee should follow up frequently until the situation is either rectified or he or she obtains other employment.

If it appears that the employer isn’t going to follow through with his or her promise, the employee should update his or her resume and begin interviewing for other jobs.

However, if the employee decides to stay in the workplace, he or she should stay oriented to any changes that are made within the organization. The employee might want to keep his or her reasons for remaining with the organization private to avoid any further exploitation from the employer.

The best advice is for the employee to quit and look for an employer who is in a position to pay him or her regularly and on time.

However, many employees struggle with this decision because they are scared of becoming unemployed, experiencing a hard life, and being unable to provide for their families.

They hold on to the hope that the employer will have a change of heart and pay them appropriately. In this situation, the employee should take the time to follow the proper procedures and effectively deal with the issue at hand.